Specific aims of the project
In general, the progress programs are based on existing professional directional lines on the concrete area. However, there is only limited guidance in the management of complex trauma, the data regarding its management are conflicting and the existing materials are only on national level. Even if complex trauma is a main priority in all EU countries, in present the training for physicians in different countries is quite diverse both in curricula and topics and access to training materials is limited to the learning group.
In this context e-TRAUMA project aims to support the testing and implementation of innovative practices in the field of orthopedic vocational education ,leading to the delivery of key competences, enhancement of practical and transversal skills of the medical professionals to decrease morbidity and mortality due to complex skeletal trauma. Innovation will focus on the use of open educational resources and better exploitation of the ICT potential, but also on setting up new forms of practical training schemes and study of real life cases in orthopedics (virtual workplaces).
The OBJECTIVES of the project, with regards to the programme tackled priorities are:
- implementation of innovative practices (OER) in orthopedic vocational training
- development of common standards and approaches for complex trauma management and development of key competencies for ortho professionals (assessment, decision, treatment protocols)
- connecting theoretical knowledge with practical skills by following videos and a case studies database with a strong work-based learning component
- development of transversal skills in the field of language, ICT , team work, decision
- recognition and validation of skills and qualifications within and across national borders by CME accreditation
In terms of individuals our target group refers to residents/specialists in orthopedics and educational staff directly involved in teaching/learning activities ; both categories are direct beneficiaries of E-Trauma outputs. In terms of organizations we address to hospitals, private health institutions, vocational training providers, universities, colleges and other providers of medical education.
We decided to leave the access to on line course and educational materials open for all interested medical specialists, so no selection is needed, but credentials for medical degree and specialization will be required. Participation to learning activities will be conditioned by registration on the e-platform.